Posted By Jeff Fletcher on March 11, 2009 2:54 pm
More live blogging…
- Eugenio Velez made a nice catch in left field. He ran back to the wall and made a leaping catch against the fence.
- Just looked up at the TV and saw Jonathan Sanchez pitching for Puerto Rico against the Netherlands. Tough assignment those gritty little Dutch boys.
- Edgar Renteria just whiffed. Forget it. He’s done… Out of the game, I mean. Brian Bocock is in.
- These Japanese guys really do play exceptional defense. The shortstop just made a leaping catch of a line drive.
- Apparently there was some sort of mob scene last night at a restaurant where the Japanese players were eating. A whole bunch of autograph seekers were gathered outside and they had to be dispersed by the restaurant owner.
- I’ve stopped keeping score now (It’s 4-2 Giants, top sixth, by the way.) Usually happens around the fifth or sixth inning when the starters come out.